Monday 15 October 2012

OUGD403 - Alphabet Soup - Typeface - Group Critical Analysis






After the group critical analysis today, there were 3 thoughts/ opinions/ suggestions given to me on my work that i would like to take action on:


  1. "'K' isn't working - why not use the right hand side of the x instead?"
  2. "think about glyphs and how they would follow the style"
  3. "the arm of your 'f' looks out of place"
My responses:
  1. I agree with this, i was having difficulty following the same rule as the rest of the typeface for this part, and will try using the right half of the 'x' and see how it looks!
  2. I am currently sketching glyphs and using the same oval shape as a guide to keep it consistent.
  3. I also agree with this - i will try moving the arm down the spine so that it is in line with the arm of the 't'.

No comments:

Post a Comment